The Arabian Nights is a collection of West and South Asian stories and folk tales compiled in Arabic
during the Islamic Golden Age. It has a sense of history and mysterious color. I think The Arabian Nights only was some funny story when I was kids. Nowadays when I re-reading the The Arabian Nights, I find The Arabian Nights has the different meanings such as humanity, morality, ethic.
The first story describe king Shahryar and king Shah Zaman both find their wife betrayed, they feel very despairing and they want to find if there are people more miserable than them. So they come out from their country. they find the devil also cheated by his woman, so they don't feel lost and they begin to hate woman. Shahryar is too hate woman to kill them, therefore he kills a lot of young ladies until the daughter of the minister Scheherazade persuaded him to Put down the hatred. This story reflect the seamy side of life and human nature. People can not control their power and abuse their power.
The second story is a very funny story. Personally, I think this story is very ironic. First, I think we need know help others need you have enough ability. we cannot help others when we also are vulnerable groups. Second, this story seems to tell people violence is a good way to solve problem. Because the farmer hits his wife and his wife become very docile. I think it is not a good value, if children read too much story like this. they will be violent.
Finally, I find more different meanings when I read The Arabian Nights. But sometimes, I still very confuse about some statement. I want to learn more skills to analyze and understand The Arabian Nights.
没有评论:
发表评论